For a FREE Quote
If you live are in Glendale and looking for a roofing service, fill the form or call us now.
Looking for Gutter services in Glendale, CA?
Here at Glendale Roofing LLC we cater for all Gutter repair & cleaning services.
What are gutters and what is their purpose?
Gutters are metal works installed on edges of roofs on all sides of the house. They are meant to guide rainwater away from the roofs and direct it away from the foundation of the house. People with an interest in harvesting rainwater usually direct it away from the roof and into small storage tanks in the house compound.
Importance of having gutters:
- They reduce water damage to the roof by redirecting water into the gutters.
- The gutters can direct water to the storage tanks thus helping in harvesting rainwater.
- They reduce soil erosion by reducing water speed and direction the rest of the rainwater into gutters.
What are seamless gutters?
These are gutters that are made in one long piece and not sectioned like regular gutters. They are customized and designed to fit your home. They are made on-site and are more expensive than regular gutters.
Most contractors usually put gutters on new houses when building. It is usually done to mainly redirect the water from the foundation of the house during building and the roof. The cost usually depends on the material you want to use for your gutters and how big your house is. This is because gutters are usually installed on all sides of the roof, on the roof’s edges.
It is advised to get a professional to come and check if there are any damages or leaks instead of doing it on your own.
How often do you need to clean your gutters?
It is advisable to clean the gutter once a year, especially during fall. The case scenario becomes different if your home is surrounded by many trees then you will have to do cleaning more than once a year.
How to clean gutters:
You need a ladder, a bucket, gloves, and a hand shovel. You should first scoop out what is in the gutters then clean them up properly. As you do this, one should be careful to look for leaks, especially at gutter joints. One could also look for more serious damages and get a professional to check it out.
What is the importance of cleaning gutters?
- Dirty gutters easily get clogged thus can become breeding sites for pests and rodents. You could also get honeycombs in the gutters thus by cleaning your gutters; you will be preventing a future bee infestation.
- Clogged gutters can cause roofs to leak and thus cause damage to both the homes’ interior and exterior. This ends up saving you money in the long run which could be used to repair future damages.
- When cleaning gutters, one can notice leaks and damages that can be fixed before they worsen and end up requiring a lot of money to fix later.
- Cleaning gutters helps in protecting the roof because once the gutters are clogged, the rainwater has nowhere to go thus remains on the rooftops thus damaging both the roof and causing leaks in the interior of the house.
Others opt to paint their gutters and there is a procedure for this. The gutters need to be thoroughly cleaned first. When painting, an oil-based primer is first applied before the paint.
How to request a roofing quote:
Fill the form below and we will get in touch asap, for other services click here.